Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
cgstatus logo cgstatus logo Cgstatus

Latest Blog

cgstatus logo cgstatus logo Cgstatus

Latest Blog

  • Home
  • Business
  • Cars
    • Used Cars
  • Finance
    • Insurance
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • News
  • Home
  • Business
  • Cars
    • Used Cars
  • Finance
    • Insurance
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • News
Close

Search

  • https://www.facebook.com/
  • https://twitter.com/
  • https://t.me/
  • https://www.instagram.com/
  • https://youtube.com/
Subscribe
cgstatus logo cgstatus logo Cgstatus

Latest Blog

cgstatus logo cgstatus logo Cgstatus

Latest Blog

  • Home
  • Business
  • Cars
    • Used Cars
  • Finance
    • Insurance
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • News
  • Home
  • Business
  • Cars
    • Used Cars
  • Finance
    • Insurance
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • News
Close

Search

  • https://www.facebook.com/
  • https://twitter.com/
  • https://t.me/
  • https://www.instagram.com/
  • https://youtube.com/
Subscribe
Home/Uncategorized/Fifa: Kevin Lamour sacked after criticising president Gianni Infantino
Uncategorized

Fifa: Kevin Lamour sacked after criticising president Gianni Infantino

By Shivani Rawat
August 18, 2026 3 Min Read

Fifa official sacked after Infantino plan criticism

General view outside Fifa global headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland. Image source, Getty Images
By

Dan Roan

Sports editor
  • Published
    17 August 2026, 20:52 BST
Updated 1 hour ago

Fifa’s chief operating officer Kevin Lamour has been sacked by the governing body, less than three weeks after he strongly criticised its president Gianni Infantino’s aborted plan to sell stakes in competitions to private investors, BBC Sport has been told.

In a statement, a Fifa spokesperson would only confirm that “the working relationship between Fifa and Kevin Lamour as Chief Operating Officer has ended on 17 August 2026.

“Fifa thanks Kevin for his two years of service and wishes him the best of luck for the future.”

Fifa’s staff were informed of the news in an email by its secretary general Mattias Grafstrom on Monday evening, who told them the organisation and Lamour had “agreed to part ways”.

Last month, Lamour described the controversial Fifa Forward Enterprise (FFE) plans as “the project of one person”, and said “the time has now come for football political leaders to ask themselves the right questions and make the right decisions”.

He added Fifa’s own administration was “deceived” about the now abandoned project.

“Our mission – the mission of the hundreds of passionate, dedicated, and exemplary Fifa employees – is to serve football”, he added.

“A president must bring people together, unite them, and inspire them. Today, we are experiencing the opposite.”

Lamour acknowledged he had a duty of loyalty to his employer but also to “certain values” and supporting his colleagues.

“If that means I lose my job, then so be it,” he added. “I will understand and respect that decision. At least I’ll sleep well tonight.”

Lamour joined Fifa in November 2024, having previously served as deputy general secretary at Uefa, and was two layers of management below Infantino.

Earlier this month, Infantino received the backing of senior executives in a meeting in Morocco, but BBC Sport was told Lamour was not invited.

Lamour has been approached for comment.

In a letter sent to members of Fifa’s Council, and seen by BBC Sport, Grafstrom wrote: “I would like to provide you with an important update regarding a change within the Fifa Administration.

“Following recent discussions, Fifa and our Chief Operating Officer, Kevin Lamour have agreed to part ways. This decision was made after careful consideration and with great respect for Kevin, both personally and professionally… I felt it was important that I personally provide you this update and I would like to express my gratitude to Kevin for these contributions and for his work and commitment on behalf of Fifa on a daily basis. I wish Kevin all the best for the future.”

How did we get to this point?

Infantino is under increasing pressure following his proposal to create a new company – FFE – to manage the commercial and ticketing rights of all Fifa competitions, including World Cups.

FFE was aborted after Infantino’s plan to sell 21% of the company to private investment companies received widespread criticism.

Uefa, Concacaf – who govern football in North and Central America and the Caribbean – and the Asian Football Confederation publicly opposed the plan, while Uefa threatened to boycott the World Cup if the plan went ahead.

Lamour criticised Infantino, while a senior adviser to Infantino, Carlos Cordeiro, resigned.

After the proposal was aborted, Uefa and Concacaf withdrew their support for Infantino when he stands for a fourth presidential term at the Fifa Congress in March next year.

Several Concacaf members including Mexico broke ranks with their confederation to offer their support for Infantino, while the confederations of Africa, South America and Oceania have backed Infantino.

On Monday the Scottish FA became the latest body to withdraw its support for Infantino, following England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.

Football governance charity FairSquare said it had written to Fifa demanding Infantino not be allowed to stand for re-election.

Related topics

  • Football

More on this story

  • Scottish FA withdraws support for Fifa president Infantino

    • Published
      10 hours ago
    Gianni Infantino the president of FIFA waves as he arrives at the presidential inauguration day event in Colombia
  • The map showing world’s division over Infantino

    • Published
      6 days ago
    Gianni Infantino applauds during a ceremony in Colombia
  • Infantino broke trust ‘through deception’ – confederation presidents

    • Published
      7 days ago
    FIFA president Gianni Infantino waves before the World Cup final between Spain and Argentina

Original source: https://www.bbc.com/

Author

Shivani Rawat

Shivani Rawat is a content writer with 7 years of experience creating helpful, reader-friendly articles for Geeksscan.com. She covers travel, business, technology, cars, and finance, focusing on simple explanations and practical tips. Shivani completed her graduation from Delhi University and now writes to make complex topics easy for everyone.

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

Premier League transfer spending: Is another record set to fall?

Next

Rodri lands in Barcelona to complete ‘dream’ move

No Comment! Be the first one.

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Twisha Sharma: Husband and mother-in-law charged in Indian bride’s death
  • Witness gets combative in Tupac trial – ‘I don’t want to send him to prison’
  • Trump pauses new tariffs on Canada and says countries close to a deal
  • Potential successor to cowboy hat-wearing Dem tops crowded Florida primary
  • Rubio’s GOP successor clears key hurdle to finish his six-year Senate term

Recent Comments

No comments to show.
Copyright 2026 — Cgstatus. All rights reserved.

Powered by
►
Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
None
►
Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
None
►
Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
None
►
Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
None
►
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
None
Powered by