Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
cgstatus logo cgstatus logo Cgstatus

Latest Blog

cgstatus logo cgstatus logo Cgstatus

Latest Blog

  • Home
  • Business
  • Cars
    • Used Cars
  • Finance
    • Insurance
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • News
  • Home
  • Business
  • Cars
    • Used Cars
  • Finance
    • Insurance
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • News
Close

Search

  • https://www.facebook.com/
  • https://twitter.com/
  • https://t.me/
  • https://www.instagram.com/
  • https://youtube.com/
Subscribe
cgstatus logo cgstatus logo Cgstatus

Latest Blog

cgstatus logo cgstatus logo Cgstatus

Latest Blog

  • Home
  • Business
  • Cars
    • Used Cars
  • Finance
    • Insurance
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • News
  • Home
  • Business
  • Cars
    • Used Cars
  • Finance
    • Insurance
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • News
Close

Search

  • https://www.facebook.com/
  • https://twitter.com/
  • https://t.me/
  • https://www.instagram.com/
  • https://youtube.com/
Subscribe
Home/Uncategorized/Israel strikes south Lebanon after first evacuation warning in weeks
Uncategorized

Israel strikes south Lebanon after first evacuation warning in weeks

By Shivani Rawat
August 6, 2026 3 Min Read

Israel strikes south Lebanon after first evacuation warning in weeks

6 hours ago

David Gritten

Reuters Smoke rises above southern Lebanon, as seen from the Israeli side of the Israel-Lebanon border, in northern Israel (5 August 2026)Reuters

One person has been killed in an Israeli strike in southern Lebanon, the country’s health ministry says, after the Israeli military said it was responding to a “blatant violation of the ceasefire” by the Iran-backed group Hezbollah.

A man died and 12 other people were injured when the roof of a prayer hall at the cemetery of the town of Tibnin was hit, according to Lebanese media.

Strikes were also reported to the west in the town of Mansouri, where the Israeli military issued its first evacuation order for more than a month.

Hezbollah has not commented on the events, which came as Israeli and Lebanese officials attended US-sponsored talks in Rome aimed at maintaining the ceasefire.

In late June, the three countries agreed a trilateral framework that should see the Israeli military gradually withdraw from territory it is occupying in southern Lebanon in exchange for the disarmament of Hezbollah.

Two weeks ago, the Lebanese army was allowed to deploy to one of the first “pilot zones”, after Israeli troops pulled out of the village of Zawtar al-Gharbiyeh.

Hezbollah has rejected the agreement, saying the provisions linking Israel’s withdrawal to the group’s disarmament crossed “all red lines”.

The Israeli military announced that it had begun carrying out “precise strikes” in southern Lebanon on Wednesday afternoon, about 30 minutes after its Arabic spokesperson had told residents of Mansouri to evacuate ahead of “forceful action” there.

Both statements accused Hezbollah of violating the ceasefire but gave no further details.

However, an Israeli military source told Israeli media that displaced residents of Mansouri had returned to their town “under the auspices of the Lebanese army, which established a checkpoint in the area in violation of the agreements”.

The source said the town was inside the Israeli-declared “security zone” – a 10km (six-mile) deep strip of occupied Lebanese territory running along the border – and “military activity that endangers the lives of Lebanese civilians” was taking place there.

The evacuation order was the first issued in southern Lebanon since 14 June, when residents of 29 towns and villages were told to flee their homes.

Earlier on Wednesday, the mayor of Mansouri, Haidar Madihli, told local media that Israeli warplanes had carried out four strikes on buildings and villas in the Ghazaleh neighbourhood on the outskirts of the town, causing extensive damage to the targeted structures.

The strikes triggered a wave of displacement, with families filling cars with their belongings and heading towards Tyre, the largest city in the south, Madihli said.

He added that around 120 families had returned to Mansouri after the 19 June ceasefire, but that the number had steadily fallen as Israeli strikes intensified. In recent days, only 40 to 50 families remained in the town.

The evacuation order came as the UN’s humanitarian office said more than 820,000 people displaced in Lebanon by the conflict between Israel and Hezbollah had begun returning to their home areas following a reduction in hostilities.

However, the UN said about 360,000 other people remained displaced across Lebanon, including 26,000 living in government shelters.

Lebanon was drawn into the war between Israel, the US and Iran on 2 March, when Hezbollah launched rockets into Israel in retaliation for a strike that killed Iran’s supreme leader.

Israel responded by launching a bombing campaign across Lebanon and invading a significant part of the country’s south.

At least 4,333 people have been killed during the conflict, including 392 women and 253 children, according to the Lebanese health ministry. Since the ceasefire was announced, the ministry has recorded the killing of 353 people.

Israeli authorities say 38 Israeli soldiers and four civilians have been killed on both sides of the border during the conflict.

Lebanese army says troops deploying in ‘pilot zone’ after Israeli withdrawal

Headteacher among four killed in deadliest Israeli attack on Lebanon since latest ceasefire

Israel strikes southern Lebanon as Hezbollah condemns new deal

Lebanon
Israel
Hezbollah

Original source: https://www.bbc.com/

Author

Shivani Rawat

Shivani Rawat is a content writer with 7 years of experience creating helpful, reader-friendly articles for Geeksscan.com. She covers travel, business, technology, cars, and finance, focusing on simple explanations and practical tips. Shivani completed her graduation from Delhi University and now writes to make complex topics easy for everyone.

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

What are tariffs, how do they work and why is Trump using them?

Next

Ex-leader Hasina gambles with vow to return to Bangladesh

No Comment! Be the first one.

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Lionel Messi: Inter Miami star fined for slapping opponent in MLS game
  • Lindsay Clancy suffering ‘command hallucination’ when she killed children, court hears
  • A split in the spectrum? The ongoing battle to define autism
  • England vs Pakistan: Robinson, Tongue & Cox give hosts hope for brighter future
  • James Maddison: Tottenham midfielder on how having five young children helped distract from injury

Recent Comments

No comments to show.
Copyright 2026 — Cgstatus. All rights reserved.

Powered by
►
Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
None
►
Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
None
►
Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
None
►
Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
None
►
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
None
Powered by